12.08.2014

52 - Fifteen



Alabama - my favorite place to bring in the fall; the colors, the change in temperature, the beginning of the holidays and most important the family.



This year SS and I visited Saw’s Juke Joint, the new add-on to Saw’s BBQ.  This was the most delicious lunch I have had in a long time, I had sweet tea, sweet tea chicken sandwich fried and we shared sweet potato fries.   SS had a fried shrimp sandwich and pointed out that there was “sweet” in everything I had for lunch, I think that’s what made it perfect!  The place is rustic and friendly with lots of character and Southern manners.
 
 

The next day, SS, Miss Audrey Rose and her grandmother took me to Alabama Biscuit Company.  It was delicious with all hand-crafted biscuits.  We had different combinations of eggs, bacon, pancetta and cheese to top off our biscuits – delish!





There were other fantastic eats from SS’s autumn salad, roasted turkey and smoked Applewood cheddar on brioche bread, Saw’s mac and cheese and her version of Julia Child’s quiche, rich coffee, and brioche French toast.  Everything was so yummy, I can’t wait for next year’s delicious visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment