10.10.2013

Fire In My Belly Part 2



Last month I introduced you to my new favorite cookbook Fire In My Belly. 














 



Now that cooking season has begun again (that means the weather outside is cooler so it’s comfortable to turn the oven back on!), I have a picture of HH’s favorite the Pan Roasted Pork Chops with Apples.  I included the recipe in the September 7, 2013 post, now here’s a photo of this deliciousness.



 

Also, tomatoes ripened in the garden at inconvenient times this past summer so HH and I gave some away and others I stuck in the freezer.  When the time was right (and the weather cooled) I followed the tomato roasting recipe in Fire In My Belly.  I’ll have to let you know how the tomatoes taste once I make Art’s Special Sauce with them during the holidays.  This is very easy - quarter and clean tomatoes.  Place a sliced onion and minced garlic with salt/pepper in a thin layer in a roasting pan.  Place the tomatoes on top of onions/garlic in a single layer.  Roast at 500 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, move the tomatoes around, roast for another 15 - 20 minutes, move the tomatoes around again, roast for last 15 - 20 minutes.  Let cool, put in food mill (I used a food processer.)  Yummy!



 

1 comment: