9.16.2013

Meatloaf


Did I tell you about the meatloaf I fixed at the Diner a few months ago?  I don’t think so, so here’s how this little story goes.

 

My Mom made meatloaf occasionally when I was growing up, it was not my favorite meal I preferred hot dogs.  In the last 15 years or so I have decided that maybe I like meatloaf, I have had it a few times at restaurants and it was pretty good.  So I started looking for a recipe.

 

I have found a few recipes, put them in my “to cook” stack, but never made one.  So this past winter I ran across a recipe for meatloaf that called for it to be covered with bacon.  That seemed like the recipe to try.

 

I made the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and some green beans and served it at the Diner.  HH and I ate it, but it was not memorable.  Maybe I’m not ready for meatloaf.  I didn’t even save the recipe to share with you, which should say a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment