1.09.2012

Uncscious

Uncscious. Let me split this word up to help you pronounce it –- unc-scious.

This is my new favorite word to describe food that is delicious, succulent, luscious, rich, decadent and has great mouth feel. Uncscious can be sweet or savory, warm or cool, although I would say more creamy than crispy.

I know I’m not creative enough to make this word up, I am sure I hear it somewhere, but I can’t seem to find it (to confirm that it is a word) in any dictionary or thesaurus I have access to. So I’m looking for some help from all of you who visit Holly’s Diner, have you heard of uncscious? Or have I really made up a new word.

By the way, here are some things that are uncscious….

Mac & Cheese

Lasagna

Lobster Bisque

Egg Nog ice cream

Cheesecake with Blueberries


Just to name a few.

1 comment:

  1. The closest thing I found was:
    "uncious" - which is I guess being narrow minded... or annoying

    and

    "unctuous" - which is fatty or oily; smooth or greasy in texture or appearance


    All of these things look delicious. garlic gal might have a few more ideas...

    ReplyDelete