11.21.2011

Are You Ready for Some Turkey?


Well? Are you?

It’s that time of year, my favorite cooking holiday of the year! The planning began about two weeks ago with the start of “the list.” Last week I confirmed recipes and did most of the shopping, then came a few adjustments, and yesterday (hopefully) the last of the shopping.

I’ve been quite inspired this year and a few of the things I get pre-prepared, I’m going to make myself (I’m sure HH is very excited about that!) For rolls, instead of Hawaiian sweet rolls I’m making a revised Popover roll. Instead of Mrs. Smith’s Deep Dish Apple Pie, I’m going to make Julia’s Tarte Tatin, inspired by A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg (more on that in a few days).

How is your planning going? How’s your list coming along? Remember, a check mark to the right indicates the ingredients have been purchased. Check marks on the left happen when the item is prepared and ready to go, finally a strike-through of the item when it is on the table, served and ready to go.

I talked to SS the other day, she wondered if “the list” had begun – I did not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment