3.11.2011

Pinks

PINKS!

I ate at Pinks! By accident, I was at a hot road show (if you are running a cyber-diner, a hot rod show is a natural), the Grand National Roadster Show to be exact, and while cruising around the grounds there was PINKS!

If you have never heard of it, Pinks is a Hollywood Legend best known for serving hot dogs of all types. Oooh, I was sure I was going to love it!

I ordered a chili cheese dog and it looked perfect. The dog was a little longer than the bun. The cheese was a slice of American that was laid out on the bun, and then the dog went on, and then covered in chili. I could still see the tips of the cheese melting into the bun, and knew the rest of that cheesy goodness was lying under that mountain of Americana.

The first bite…the casing on the dog popped – perfect. The dog, cheese, chili and bun were in every bite, and the chili was thick enough that it didn’t drip all over.

It was delicious, worth all the calories and badness. The best part, I didn’t have to go to Hollywood to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment