12.08.2010

Twelve Days of Cupcakes - on the Sixth Day...

Sugar Cupcake with Sugar Frosting. You’ve got to like sweet to like this one!

This cupcake had great flavor, was moist, but has a story. This one is a Paula Deen, so you know it has butter and sugar – well, and it’s Sugar Cupcakes!

These cupcakes had a great flavor, but I messed up the frosting texture and my blender at the same time. If I had the right ingredients, I would not have had this problem!

These cupcakes were moist and yummy and worth making again – the right way! Be sure to have confectioners’ sugar for the frosting, don’t try to put three cups of granulated sugar in the blender all at once – it burns out the blender! Believe me, I know!!

This recipe can be found in Paula Deen Magazine or at www.cookingwithpauladeen.com, the March/April 2009 issue, page 31.

Happy Holly-days!

2 comments:

  1. Who are all the lucky folks getting to eat all these great cupcakes! Wish I was there I love cupcakes! Looks like making some could be in my future! Thanks for all the great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been baking throughout the year so I would not gain four sizes the month before Christmas! I've been sharing with neighbors, family and loyal Diner regulars. Sorry you are not closer to share with you too!

    ReplyDelete