8.16.2010

Summertime...

“Summertime and the livin’s easy...” (Everybody sing along!)
..
Ahh, that’s what cookin’ in summer, should be…easy. As you may have noticed, recipes are a bit lacking these days. Although there is cooking going on at the Diner, it’s more about grilling and smoking and what to do with all those tomatoes (there is still abundance, thankfully.)

Recently, HH did the grillin’ and we had steak, baked potatoes and tomatoes on the patio. I am so bad at buying cuts of meat, it’s very sad. I’m GREAT at purchasing and cooking with hamburger, but when it comes to an actual cut of beef, I’m a little lost and have very little confidence.

The steaks HH grilled, I got recently and thought they were good-sized, thick cuts of rib-eye (I think). But when HH served them, they were much skinnier (not nearly as thick) as I anticipated and a bit of a disappointment. I try to get steaks every now and then because HH is a “meat and potatoes” man, but, unfortunately for him, he married me – a hamburger girl.

Oh well, he remain patient with me, but I really think I need to leave the “meat” buying up to him!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I've found you pretty much can't go wrong with a tri-tip! Hunk-o-beef, throw it in a zip-loc with a yummy marinade and GRILL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try that and try to impress HH! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete