7.17.2010

Fair Rewards

So, we have some catching up to do at the Diner since the end of Taste the Fun! One of the rewards - a marvelous thank you from my staff. Look at this basket!

What a treat, they made me cry! All the things I like, HH definitely was consulted on this project…crispy Asian noodles, crunchy ginger snaps, creamy York peppermint patties, the makings for homemade salsa (or fixing’s for my morning eggs), and a cocktail sipper for the end of a long six weeks.

Best of all, they all wrote me a personal note – I LOVE those! And created a recipe for the recipe card collection I did during Fair. Here’s the recipe:

A Loaf of Holly Bread
¼ cup kindness
2/3 cup compassion
1 tsp success
2 tbsp greatness
3 cups integrity

Prep time: A Lifetime
Serves: Many

Take kindness, compassion and success, and stir together gently. Add unlimited amounts of greatness. Slip in 3 cups of integrity. Knead gently and form into a firm loaf. Bake in moderate oven. Serve to any special guest.

(It makes me misty eyed reading again!)
Thank you for all the hard work,
HB

No comments:

Post a Comment