4.01.2010

No Foolin'

This is no April Fools, this is the real deal!

If you follow Holly’s Diner at all, you know that one of the treks HH and I keep when we travel is trying to get to Guy Fieri’s list of Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, and now More Diners Drive-Ins and Dives from his Food Network TV show and best-selling books.

HH and I most recently visited Joe’s Farm Grill in Arizona for the amazing burgers. We have also visited El Indio’s (and have for a long time) in San Diego for their delicious chips – I even had them help cater HH’s surprise party last year. We have had shakes at the Falafel Drive Inn in San Jose and Emma Jean’s on the way to Vegas. It took us three years and two stops to finally get into The Squeeze Inn in Sacramento for their awesome burgers with “cheese skirts,” and we were pleasantly surprised by their tacos!

But now, NOW, the guy, Guy, who I have watched since he was on the Season Two of The Next Food Network Star (and was the clear star from the beginning), is coming to Holly’s Diner!!! Well, sort of.

Technically, Guy is making an appearance and will be the featured entertainment at the San Diego County Fair!! While the Fair is going on, that IS Holly’s Diner – I spend more time there than at the Diner during that time of year!

With a “Taste the Fun” food theme at this year’s San Diego County Fair, it makes a lot of sense to book Guy on the grandstand stage where Fergie, Kelly Clarkson, Barry Manilow and Milli Vanilli (remember them!) have performed before.

I’m not going to get star-struck and try to go back stage, but I am SO EXCITED I can hardly stand it! Maybe he’ll stop by the theme exhibit building where I will be and it’s “all about food!” I think I will lower my expectations and just hope that he signs one of my books.

If you want to see the San Diego County Fair, it runs June 11 to July 5. If you want to see Guy, he’ll be there on June 19. I can’t wait!

2 comments:

  1. this is all very exciting!!! I'm happy for you!
    xoxoxoxo Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be there and I can't wait to see your building! We'll be there June 24, so we'll miss Guy. Trying toget Mama Joan down there, too! We'll see!

    ReplyDelete