2.14.2010

Valentine's Baking 2010

Baking, baking, baking. Baking, baking, baking. Baking, baking, baking, bak-ing!! (Sing to tune of “Rawhide.”)

As HH is working on the re-landscaping of the Diner, I am just a busy little bee in the kitchen, baking for my Valentine.

And I am officially no longer taking responsibility for the burning, and therefore “smoke alarm timer,” of the cookies at the Diner. I have an in-oven thermometer now. I watched it like a hawk today, and when I set the oven gauge from 400º to375º to 350º to adjust for different baking, and the oven thermometer moves from 475º to 400 to 275º it’s no longer my responsibility. The oven has a mind of its own!

Anyway, I digress.

In lieu of candies or flowers or balloons for my Valentine, I know chocolate cake with white icing in a sheet form, and homemade chocolate chip cookies are the way to his heart. I made the other “cake” for me to try – good excuse on Valentine’s Day. I’ll let you know how it is after our Valentine’s/Year of the Tiger dinner at the Diner tonight.

In the meantime, happiness to everyone today and everyone you love.

2 comments:

  1. I made homemade brownies for my valentine..I have only made them from a box before so this was fun and they came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweets for the sweet, huh? Nice job. Hope your Year of The Tiger dinner went well.

    ReplyDelete