1.22.2010

Food, Food and more Food - but not much to eat

I am consumed by food lately, which is a good thing! The only bad part is that very little of it is happening in the kitchen!

I’m working feverishly on the food theme for the San Diego County Fair this summer. Things like:
Demonstration kitchen design
Competition kitchen elements
What’s in the kitchen to cook with
Who’s cooking in the kitchen
Contest rules
Candy Isle (the working title)
Food music research
Food scents
Food video games
Food movies – that are family friendly
Cooking DVD’s – The French Chef, look out!
Local specialty food purveyor
And on and on and on…

Last weekend I visited the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco with my good friend Joan. We had a great time, but were totally overwhelmed. We didn’t eat as much as we thought we would, which was fine. We saw “The Chef in Black” from Shark Tank, discovered a group called Savor California, and found two local gourmet food purveyors from San Diego County! More on those later.

What’s happening in the Diner? Nothing new! Lasagna, chili dogs, Ancho Chili Corn Chowder. Nothing you haven’t already heard about.

But I just wanted to touch base and let you know the Diner is still open, just not as inspired as December, but my food knowledge is increasing daily!

What fun to HAVE to do research on something I want to spend all my time on anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're going to be quite busy! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having fun! Swamped, but fun!

    ReplyDelete