12.05.2009

Twelve Days of Cookies - Third Day

I’ve had this recipe a long time. It is one of the cherished recipes in my collection. It is handwritten by my sister, Heather. As I read the recipe card, I can see where Heather started writing; I got frustrated with her and continued writing the recipe myself.

I laminated the recipe a number of years ago so I didn’t “season” the recipe any further –the flour, the vanilla, the brown sugar are literally ingrained in the recipe card.

This recipe is not unique; you can find it in all the holiday magazines, and other times of year, too, and it goes by a variety of names.

I try to make these every year, even if not many people eat them, just to connect and use my sister’s recipe.

Heather’s Peanut Butter Kisses

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup shortening (I use an apple substitute now a-days, I don’t buy shortening any more)
2 eggs
¼ cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
3 1/12 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 – 11 oz package milk chocolate candies

Preheat oven to 375º. Cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar, shortening, and Jif (PB). Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt, add to Jif mixture. Beat well.

Shape into 1” balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 375º oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Press a milk chocolate candy into the center of each warm cookie. Return to oven, back 3 minutes longer. Makes 6 – 7 dozen cookies.

I hope you…Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment