12.13.2009

Twelve Days of Cookies - Eleventh Day

I would be remiss to do any cookie list without including a Holly’s Diner favorite – Original Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies.

We are talking the traditional way, with a slight modification, that is soft and chewy. Then there’s the version with walnuts, which are thin and crispy. Sometimes I use my egg timer, sometime I use the smoke alarm timer and they turn out extra crispy – you get the picture.

I love this cookie dough, a few bites before the chocolate chips are poured in, then a few more bites when the chocolate chips are added. HH loves the soft and chewy version, he will eat any version, but soft and chewy are his favorite. Anna always requests the thin and crispy with walnuts version, that was Daddy’s favorite too.

If you have access to Holly’s Diner, then you have access to the cyberspace and therefore access to this recipe. Although, in order to be consistent, here is the recipe below with my slight modification.

Original Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (I don’t put this in)
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened (sometimes I use Wonder Slim, and prune-based fat substitute, for half the butter)
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12 oz) Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels*
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 375º.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 – 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

* Sometimes I use a combination of semi-sweet and milk chocolate morsels, also, these cookies need an extra cup of morsels, for sure! If you are going to go chocolately and gooey, why not go all the way!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

    I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

    Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

    Sincerely,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I'm glad you fine Holly's Diner inspiring. It's always good to know someone new is following!

    ReplyDelete