10.13.2009

FOOD 2010

Food glorious food, we’re anxious to try it!

Do you remember that line from the movie Oliver? I’m going to be singing it a lot through next summer, here’s why…

It started as a whisper behind closed doors in June. It became a bit of a movement in August. As of today, I can shout it from the roof tops!

Its official, the theme for the 2010 San Diego County Fair is FOOD!

That’s why I scouted Sam the Cooking Guy last month. That’s why I am rereading The United States of Arugula. That’s why I was working so hard last month to update the look of hollysdiner.com because I hoped I would be able to make this announcement!

What does this mean? It means the Hot Dog on a Stick Lessons, Chicken Charlie’s Deep Fried S’Mores, and gelato at the IV Fair are now research projects. It means what Daddy and I eat on Father’s Day was part of my preparation. It means there will probably be lots of useless food facts I’ll be able to spew and share with you in the next few months.

Does it mean I have an excuse to get that Santoku knife I’ve been dreaming of?! We’ll see.

Will it be good karma for The Quest to be fulfilled? I hope!

And, by the way, what would a Food theme mean to you?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun theme..may mean a visit :)
    PS: Chicken Charlie is on the Bonnie Hunt Show tomorrow 10/16!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A visit from I Am A Girl would be wonderful! I'll have to watch for Chicken Charlie tomorrow, maybe that's why he was not in Fresno earlier in the week - he was playing hooking at Ellen's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss spoke - Chicken Charlie was just Bonnie Hunt today, like I Am A Girl designs said. Charlie was his always happy, easy-going, fun-loving self. Gotta love Chicken Charlie!

    ReplyDelete